Blog: Social Networking Sites


            Facebook is a great platform just to catch up on what everyone is doing. I’m always scrolling through my news feed, which is based on my friend list and pages that I hit “like.” I enjoy the way Facebook is organized, with the important shortcuts in the left side bar and I can easily go into messenger. I depend on messenger a lot to text my friends or to have group chats on it. I use Facebook mostly for texting and to find new places to explore and eat. My news feed is customized on what I want to see, which I find very convenient.
              Twitter was one platform that I just refused to use, for no reason. I had no interest, back when it was first popular. However now, I’m pleased with the way Twitter is organized. It’s great that I can catch up on currents events, comments from the latest episodes of my favorite tv shows, and hilarious/comedic posts. The trends located on the left side are specifically tailored to my interests. As much as I love seeing what my friends or family are up to, this platform makes me feel freer from that. I don’t have to post on what they want to see from me. In my opinion, Twitter seems more expressive.
              Snapchat is specifically for seeing a person’s day in that exact moment, visible for 24 hours. This initiative is nice, because you can post whatever you want, and it will be gone within 24 hours. I find it useful when I want to snap something that’s going on in my life right away and share it among my friends. A few years ago, Snapchat added video chat and a calling feature, which is a useful alternative to use. I can view my friend’s and celebrities’ stories, which is nice. In addition, they added Snapchat memories. All my saved snaps will appear one year later, it’s lovely to look back at my memories and moments.
              Instagram is one of my favorite platforms, I just like the concept of following several pages and liking their posts. Just like Facebook and Twitter, my home page is customized on exactly how I want to view it. I enjoy using it to see fashion inspiration, food posts, henna designs, funny posts/videos, and so forth. Instagram allows you to save specific posts and stores them in a separate section. I find this very convenient, because it’s hard to find pages abruptly. The explore page is another cool feature, where you can find other pages that are similar to your interests. Just like Snapchat, Instagram also allows you to create stories that are visible for 24 hours. All of this is stored in an archive, it’s easy access to look at the past.

Comments

Popular Posts